Most Common Hoverboard Issues
Find the category of your issue and click on the one that best describes the problem you're having with your broken hoverboard.
Calibration and Setup
Calibration is essential for ensuring a smooth and safe hoverboard riding experience. Over time, hoverboards may start to feel unbalanced or shaky, which can be caused by various factors such as general wear and tear, uneven surfaces, or improper handling. Calibrating a hoverboard helps to correct these issues by aligning its sensors and internal systems, effectively restoring its balance and stability. Regular calibration can prolong the life of your hoverboard, improve its performance, and prevent potential accidents caused by poor balance or responsiveness.
Power and Battery Issues
Power and battery issues can significantly affect a hoverboard's performance and usability, leading to a frustrating and potentially unsafe riding experience. Common problems may include a hoverboard not turning on, holding a charge, or shutting off unexpectedly. These issues can stem from a variety of causes, such as a faulty battery, a damaged charger, or problems with the internal wiring or circuitry. Addressing power and battery issues promptly is crucial to maintaining the hoverboard's reliability, ensuring a safe and enjoyable ride, and preventing further damage to the device. Regular maintenance, proper charging practices, and timely replacement of worn-out components can help to minimize the occurrence of power and battery-related problems.
- Hoverboard won't turn on (Does Not Turn On At All)
- Hoverboard won't turn off (Will Not Turn OFF At All)
- Hoverboard not charging
- Loose or damaged charging port
- Hoverboard charging slow
- Battery life issues for longer rides
- Battery swelling or leaking
- How to change the battery
- How to change the charger port
- How to change the power button
- Hoverboard turns on, but immediately turns off
- How to Install Hoverboard Battery
- How to Test Hoverboard Battery with Multimeter
Riding and Balancing Issues
Riding and balance issues are some of the most common problems users encounter when riding their hoverboards. These issues can range from unbalanced rides and wobbling to difficulty turning and even falling off. Often, these issues can be caused by a variety of factors, such as poor maintenance, damaged parts, or incorrect riding technique. By identifying and addressing these issues, users can improve their overall riding experience and ensure their safety while using their hoverboard.
- Hoverboard not balancing
- Hoverboard tilting to one side (Unbalanced Ride or Needs Reset)
- Hoverboard vibrating or shaking while riding (Shaking Hoverboard)
- Hoverboard not responding to foot movements
- Difficulty turning or steering the hoverboard
- Hoverboard drifts or pulls to one side while riding
- Hoverboard leaning forward or backward excessively
- Hoverboard not reaching the expected speed
- Change Balance Sensor
Wheels and Motor Issues
The wheels and motors are crucial components of your hoverboard, and any issues with them can significantly impact your riding experience. A common issue is that the wheels may become worn or damaged over time, leading to decreased traction or even complete failure. Similarly, the motors can become overheated or damaged, causing a reduction in power or even the inability to ride at all. To address these issues, it's important to regularly check your wheels and motors for signs of wear or damage and replace them as needed with high-quality hoverboard parts.
- Hoverboard wheels not spinning
- Hoverboard wheels getting stuck
- Motor making strange noises
- Grinding or scraping sounds coming from wheels
- One wheel turning faster than the other
- Fix a Flat Tire On 10 inch Hoverboard
- How to change the Wheels/Motors
- Squeaking or creaking sounds from wheels
- Hoverboard not moving when pressure is applied to footpads
Lights and Sound Issues
Your hoverboard's lights and sound effects are not only fun and stylish but also serve as crucial indicators of the board's status and performance. However, sometimes these features can malfunction or stop working altogether, which can be frustrating and potentially dangerous. For example, if the LED lights stop working, you may not be as visible to others while riding at night. Similarly, if the sound effects stop working, you may not hear important warnings or alerts. To address these issues, it's important to check the wiring and connections for your lights and sound effects and replace any faulty parts with high-quality hoverboard parts.
- Hoverboard LED lights not working
- Red flashing lights
- Hoverboard beeping constantly
- LED lights flashing irregularly
- Speaker malfunction or sound distortion
- How to Fix Hoverboard Remote Control Battery
- LED lights staying on after turning off the hoverboard
Circuit Board and Sensor Issues
The circuit board and sensors are the brains of your hoverboard, and any issues with them can cause a range of problems. For example, a malfunctioning circuit board may cause your board to turn off or lose power unexpectedly, while faulty sensors can result in decreased stability or responsiveness. To address these issues, it's important to check the circuit board and sensors regularly for signs of wear or damage and replace them as needed with high-quality hoverboard parts.
- How to Replace Hoverboard Motherboard
- How to Replace Hoverboard Gyroscopes
- How to Install a Hoverboard Repair Kit
- Gyroscope sensor malfunction
- Foot pressure sensor not working
Bluetooth and Connectivity Issues
Many modern hoverboards come with Bluetooth and wireless connectivity features that allow you to connect your board to your smartphone or other devices. However, sometimes these features can malfunction or stop working altogether, which can be frustrating and limit your riding options. For example, if the Bluetooth connection stops working, you may not be able to use certain apps or features that rely on it. Similarly, if the wireless connectivity stops working, you may not be able to ride as far or as fast as you'd like. To address these issues, it's important to check the connections and settings for your Bluetooth and wireless features and replace any faulty parts with high-quality hoverboard parts.
- How to Fix Bluetooth Connection to Hoverboard
- Remote control not pairing or working
- Hoverboard losing Bluetooth connection during use
External Damage and Cosmetic Issues
Finally, your hoverboard's external components and cosmetic features can become damaged or worn over time, which can impact the board's overall performance and appearance. For example, if the shell or frame of your board becomes cracked or broken, it may no longer be safe to ride. Similarly, if the paint or graphics on your board start to fade or peel, it may no longer look as cool or appealing. To address these issues, it's important to regularly inspect your board for signs of wear or damage and replace any faulty parts or components with high-quality hoverboard parts.
- Cracked or damaged shell (Broken Plastic Housing Shell)
- How to Replace Damaged Hoverboard Shell
- Scratches or scuffs on the hoverboard body
- Loose or rattling parts inside the hoverboard
- Water Damaged Hoverboard
- Broken Frame
- How to replace broken or damaged hoverboard wheel
- Damaged or frayed wires
Miscellaneous Issues and Repairs
If your hoverboard is experiencing any of the issues listed below, it may be time to diagnose and repair the problem. Fortunately, diagnosing a broken hoverboard is relatively simple and can usually be done with basic tools and some common sense. First, check for any obvious signs of wear or damage, such as cracks, dents, or scratches. Next, check the wheels, motors, circuit board, and sensors for any issues, such as wear or damage. Finally, if all else fails, consider replacing your hoverboard with a new one, such as a high-quality StreetSaw brand hoverboard, which offers superior performance and reliability.
- Misc guides coming soon
Browse Issues Visually
DIAGNOSING A BROKEN HOVERBOARD
It’s a law of nature that things break down over time. Everyone knows this. Still, there’s nothing worse than when you go out to your car and find that it won’t start. Same with your hoverboard. When it breaks, you need hoverboard parts.
Unlike a car, however, your self balancing scooter is a far easier machine to diagnose and repair yourself. All it takes is the right hover board parts and some basic tools. If the guides on this page were not helpful to fix a broken hoverboard and repairing a hoverboard won't work out no matter what you do, you may want to buy a new hoverboard. We recommend StreetSaw brand.