Time: 45 minutes
Is your generic two-wheel self-balancing scooter made in China failing to power on? This troubleshooting guide will help you identify and fix the issue, so your hoverboard can be up and running again. While this guide is designed for beginners, it requires some basic technical knowledge. Please proceed with caution and only follow this guide if you understand the risks involved.
- Flat surface
- Small Phillips screwdriver: [Amazon link]
- Multimeter: [Amazon link]
- Replacement battery: [Amazon link] / [HoverboardRepair.com link]
- Replacement power button: [Amazon link] / [HoverboardRepair.com link]
Top Cause: The most common cause for a hoverboard not turning on is a dead or faulty battery.
Top Solution: The most common solution is to replace the battery with a new one, ensuring it's properly charged and connected.
Hoverboards that won't turn on can be frustrating, but by following this guide and addressing potential issues, you can get your hoverboard working again. Remember that DIY repairs can be risky, so always consult a professional if you're unsure about any step.
Step 1: Check the charger
- Ensure the hoverboard's charger is functioning properly by connecting it to a power source and the hoverboard.
- Observe whether the charger's LED indicator lights up, signaling it's charging. If not, try a different charger or power source.
Step 2: Access the battery
- Power off the hoverboard and place it on a flat surface.
- Use a small Phillips screwdriver to remove the screws securing the bottom cover, revealing the battery compartment.
Step 3: Test the battery
- Use a multimeter to test the battery's voltage. A healthy battery should read around 36-42 volts. If the voltage is significantly lower, the battery may be dead or faulty.
- If you're unsure how to use a multimeter, consult the user manual or seek assistance from a professional.
Step 4: Replace the battery (if necessary)
- If the battery is dead or faulty, replace it with a new one. You can find replacement batteries on Amazon or HoverboardRepair.com (links provided in the "Parts" section).
- Carefully remove the old battery, disconnecting its wires, and install the new one, ensuring all connections are secure.
Step 5: Check the power button
- If the battery is functioning properly, but the hoverboard still won't turn on, the issue might be with the power button.
- Inspect the power button for any visible damage, and if necessary, replace it with a new one (links provided in the "Parts" section).
By following this guide, you should be able to troubleshoot and fix the issue causing your hoverboard not to turn on. If the problem persists or you're unsure about any step, consult a professional or reach out to our support team. For more troubleshooting tips and repair guides, consider joining our mailing list
If your hoverboard does not turn on at all and does not charge, that means there could be a few things wrong. Let's see where the problem is coming from.
Here is what you can do to find out which part is bad:
--Connect your charger to the wall and make sure you get the green indicator on the charger box before you connect it to the hoverboard. Now connect your charger to the hoverboard.
1. If the green indicator on the charger box disappears, then your internal circuits are bad and need to be replaced with one of our kits. The best thing to do is to unscrew and remove the bottom of the housing and email us a picture of the insides to (no longer supported) or just ship it to us for repair.
2. If the green indicator light on the charger box stays green, turn the hoverboard on while the charger is still connected. If the hoverboard turns on and you get a flashing orange battery indicator on the hoverboard, your battery is bad and needs to be replaced. You can either ship it to us for repair. You can also search for Samsung battery on Google and buy one and easily replace it yourself.
3. If the green indicator light on the charger box stays green, turn the hoverboard on while the charger is still connected. If the hoverboard does not turns on, that could mean the charging port is damaged or disconnected. You can unscrew and remove the bottom of the hoverboard and inspect the charging port wires for faults and make sure it is plugged in properly. If the charging port is faulty or missing cables, you can purchase them here. If a new charing port does not fix your problem, then you would need one of our repair kits. Email us a picture of the insides to [email protected] or just ship it to us for repair.