Time: 45-60 minutes
A damaged charger port on your generic two-wheel self-balancing scooter made in China can be problematic. This guide will help you replace the charger port, ensuring your hoverboard charges properly. Designed for beginners, this guide requires basic technical knowledge. Proceed with caution, and only follow this guide if you understand the risks involved.
- Flat surface
- Small Phillips screwdriver: [Amazon link]
- Replacement charger port: [Amazon link] / [HoverboardRepair.com link]
This guide will help you change the charger port on your hoverboard, ensuring a safe and efficient process. DIY repairs can be risky, so always consult a professional if you're unsure about any step.
Step 1: Turn off the hoverboard and disconnect the charger
- Ensure your hoverboard is turned off and disconnected from any charger before proceeding.
- Image 1
Step 2: Access the charger port compartment
- Place the hoverboard on a flat surface.
- Use a small Phillips screwdriver to remove the screws securing the bottom cover, revealing the charger port compartment.
- Image 2
Step 3: Disconnect the charger port wires
- Carefully disconnect the wires connected to the old charger port.
- Take note of the wire connections for reassembly.
- Image 3
Step 4: Remove the old charger port
- Gently remove the old charger port from the hoverboard.
- Be cautious not to damage any surrounding components.
- Image 4
Step 5: Install the new charger port
- Position the new charger port (links provided in the "Parts" section) in the compartment.
- Reconnect the wires to the new charger port, ensuring all connections are secure.
- Image 5
Step 6: Close the charger port compartment and test your hoverboard
- Replace the bottom cover and secure it with the screws you removed earlier.
- Turn on your hoverboard, connect the charger, and ensure the new charger port is functioning properly.
- Image 6
By following this guide, you should be able to change the charger port on your hoverboard safely and efficiently. Regular maintenance is essential for the longevity of your hoverboard. If you encounter any issues or have questions about any step, consult a professional. For more troubleshooting tips and repair guides, consider joining our mailing list.
- Image 1: Hoverboard turned off and disconnected from the charger.
- Alt-tag: Hoverboard turned off and disconnected
- Image 2: Hoverboard with the bottom cover removed, revealing the charger port compartment.
- Alt-tag: Hoverboard with exposed charger port compartment
- Image 3: Disconnecting the wires from the old charger port.
- Alt-tag: Disconnecting wires from the old hoverboard charger port
- Image 4: Removing the old charger port from the hoverboard.
- Alt-tag: Removing the old hoverboard charger port
- Image 5: Installing the new charger port and reconnecting the wires.
- Alt-tag: Installing a new hoverboard charger port
- Image 6: Testing the hoverboard after charger port replacement.
- Alt-tag: Hoverboard charging properly with new charger port
If your charging port is intact but your hoverboard does not charge, please click here.