Time: 30-45 minutes
If you need to replace the battery in your generic two-wheel self-balancing scooter made in China, this guide will help you install a new battery. Designed for beginners, this guide requires basic technical knowledge. Proceed with caution, and only follow this guide if you understand the risks involved.
- Flat surface
- Small Phillips screwdriver: [Amazon link]
- Replacement hoverboard battery: [Amazon link] / [HoverboardRepair.com link]
This guide will help you install a new battery on your hoverboard, ensuring a safe and efficient process. DIY repairs can be risky, so always consult a professional if you're unsure about any step.
Step 1: Turn off the hoverboard and disconnect the charger
- Ensure your hoverboard is turned off and disconnected from any charger before proceeding.
- Image 1
Step 2: Access the battery compartment
- Place the hoverboard on a flat surface.
- Use a small Phillips screwdriver to remove the screws securing the bottom cover, revealing the battery compartment.
- Image 2
Step 3: Remove the old battery
- Carefully disconnect the wires connected to the old battery.
- Take note of the wire connections for reassembly.
- Gently remove the old battery from the hoverboard.
- Image 3
Step 4: Install the new battery
- Position the new battery (links provided in the "Parts" section) in the battery compartment.
- Reconnect the wires to the new battery, ensuring all connections are secure.
- Image 4
Step 5: Close the battery compartment and test your hoverboard
- Replace the bottom cover and secure it with the screws you removed earlier.
- Turn on your hoverboard and ensure it functions properly with the new battery installed.
- Image 5
By following this guide, you should be able to install a new battery on your hoverboard safely and efficiently. Regular maintenance is essential for the longevity of your hoverboard. If you encounter any issues or have questions about any step, consult a professional. For more troubleshooting tips and repair guides, consider joining our mailing list.
- Image 1: Hoverboard turned off and disconnected from the charger.
- Alt-tag: Hoverboard turned off and disconnected
- Image 2: Hoverboard with the bottom cover removed, revealing the battery compartment.
- Alt-tag: Hoverboard with exposed battery compartment
- Image 3: Disconnecting the wires from the old battery and removing it.
- Alt-tag: Removing the old hoverboard battery
- Image 4: Installing the new battery and reconnecting the wires.
- Alt-tag: Installing a new hoverboard battery
- Image 5: Testing the hoverboard after battery installation.
- Alt-tag: Hoverboard functioning properly with new battery installed