Time: 45-60 minutes
A faulty power button on your generic two-wheel self-balancing scooter made in China can prevent you from using your hoverboard. This guide will help you replace the power button, ensuring your hoverboard functions properly. Designed for beginners, this guide requires basic technical knowledge. Proceed with caution, and only follow this guide if you understand the risks involved.
- Flat surface
- Small Phillips screwdriver: [Amazon link]
- Replacement power button: [Amazon link] / [HoverboardRepair.com link]
This guide will help you replace the power button on your hoverboard, ensuring a safe and efficient process. DIY repairs can be risky, so always consult a professional if you're unsure about any step.
Step 1: Turn off the hoverboard and disconnect the charger
- Ensure your hoverboard is turned off and disconnected from any charger before proceeding.
- Image 1
Step 2: Access the power button compartment
- Place the hoverboard on a flat surface.
- Use a small Phillips screwdriver to remove the screws securing the bottom cover, revealing the power button compartment.
- Image 2
Step 3: Disconnect the power button wires
- Carefully disconnect the wires connected to the old power button.
- Take note of the wire connections for reassembly.
- Image 3
Step 4: Remove the old power button
- Gently remove the old power button from the hoverboard.
- Be cautious not to damage any surrounding components.
- Image 4
Step 5: Install the new power button
- Position the new power button (links provided in the "Parts" section) in the compartment.
- Reconnect the wires to the new power button, ensuring all connections are secure.
- Image 5
Step 6: Close the power button compartment and test your hoverboard
- Replace the bottom cover and secure it with the screws you removed earlier.
- Turn on your hoverboard using the new power button, ensuring it functions properly.
- Image 6
By following this guide, you should be able to replace the power button on your hoverboard safely and efficiently. Regular maintenance is essential for the longevity of your hoverboard. If you encounter any issues or have questions about any step, consult a professional. For more troubleshooting tips and repair guides, consider joining our mailing list.
- Image 1: Hoverboard turned off and disconnected from the charger.
- Alt-tag: Hoverboard turned off and disconnected
- Image 2: Hoverboard with the bottom cover removed, revealing the power button compartment.
- Alt-tag: Hoverboard with exposed power button compartment
- Image 3: Disconnecting the wires from the old power button.
- Alt-tag: Disconnecting wires from the old hoverboard power button
- Image 4: Removing the old power button from the hoverboard.
- Alt-tag: Removing the old hoverboard power button
- Image 5: Installing the new power button and reconnecting the wires.
- Alt-tag: Installing a new hoverboard power button
- Image 6: Testing the hoverboard after power button replacement.
- Alt-tag: Hoverboard functioning properly with new power button
If your power button is intact and it does not turn your hoverboard on or off, please click here.