How to Pack Your Hoverboard for Mail-In Repair Service
Preparing your hoverboard for shipment to us for repair services is one of the most important things you can do to protect its integrity. Sure, it may be broken right now, but a poor packaging could cause the shell to break too, or render the board completely irreparable.
Follow these instructions to ensure that your hoverboard is properly packed and makes it to us safely.
- If you have the original hoverboard box and styrofoam, we highly suggest that you use it. This is the best package you could use.
- If you have the charger, include that in the package (sometimes the charger is actually the problem).
- Print out your completed repair request form so we know whose hoverboard we are receiving. The form may be found here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScpibsi2dbB5DU5z-6nRDzRLcqULZ-eKtE2XhLQlAk7EFbDfA/viewform?usp=sf_link
- Purchase the proper size shipping box. 26” x 10” x 10” boxes may be found on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Aviditi-241212-Corrugated-Length-Height/dp/B00BT3K0XO. 200lb single-wall test is recommended. (Learn more: https://www.uline.com/BoxGuides.htm)
- Purchase a roll of large pocket bubble wrap, which may be found on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Brand-Bubble-Cushioning-Perforated-1304499/dp/B000LVJM5W (Instapak works too if you have access to it)
- Purchase proper shipping tape, which may be found here on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Shipping-Packaging-Dispenser-142-6/dp/B000J07BRQ
- Do NOT use packing peanuts. They cause electrostatic inside of the box.
- Wrap the bubble wrap completely around your hoverboard.
- Tape the bubble wrap together, preferably with a single piece of tape at various spots so we can unpeel it when we receive it.
- Use up all of the bubble wrap so it fits snugly into the box.
- Tape the bottom half of the box together and place the hoverboard into the box. If there is extra room, fill it with more bubble wrap or crumpled up newspaper.
- Bubble wrap the charger. Insert it and the printed repair request form (mentioned above) into the box.
- Tape up the top of the box.
You are responsible for getting your hoverboard to us. We do not send you a prepaid label. Here are general instructions on how to ship the hoverboard to us.
Note: UPS Ground is the most economical and cheapest shipping method for hoverboards.
Option 1 - Print a label online
- Go to an online shipping website and print a label:
- UPS.com (recommended)
- USPS.com; Click ‘N Ship
Option 2 - Find a local shipping store (more expensive)
- Using your mobile phone’s map feature, do a search for a popular shipping stores:
- UPS Store
- PostNet (expensive)
- Bring your hoverboard to the store you’ve located and have them ship the hoverboard.
What to Expect
After you’ve shipped your hoverboard to us here’s what to expect:
- Your hoverboard shipment may take anywhere from 3-5 business days (up to 10 calendar days) for us to receive, depending on where you live.
- Once we receive your hoverboard, we will put it in the queue for repair. It will not yet be opened.
- Once your hoverboard has reached its point in the queue, it will be inspected by a hoverboard technician.
- The hoverboard technician will review the included repair request form, inspect the hoverboard for any damage from shipping, and diagnose the hoverboard for its problem.
- Once the technician has determined the underlying problem, he will make a request to the parts department to see if the parts are in stock or available by special order.
- If the parts are in stock, the repair technician will order them and make the repair within 3-5 business days.
- If the parts are special order, the repair technician will contact the customer and inform them.
- If the parts are not in stock and also not available by order (example would be old parts), the repair technician will contact the customer and inform them. Customer must make a decision to a) receive a refund minus return shipping (if prepaid) b) abandon the hoverboard with the hoverboard repair service.
- If the customer has not yet paid, the technician will contact the customer and receive payment. Otherwise, the technician will proceed with repair for prepaid orders.
- Once the hoverboard is repaired, the technician will repackage the hoverboard in the same box and bubble wrapping that it was received in, adding more if needed.
- The hoverboard repair technician will then print a UPS shipping label, and have the repaired hoverboard returned to the customer.
- Shipping return time to customer will take approximately an equal amount of time to reach the customer as it did for it to originally reach the hoverboard repair shop.